Monday, September 24, 2007

First thing to do: Find a venue

For me, haven't seen any wedding planner, wedding magazines, haven't attended a wedding fair yet...the first thing that I need to do in preparing for a wedding is to find a venue. It's the very important thing in this event, because the venue should be the one you like and the one you chose not just it's the one left not fully booked.

We had attended our first bridal fair in Megatrade Hall in Megamall last June, without any idea yet for our wedding, we inquired with every stall that we pass by, rings, gowns, photo & video, venue, caterer, etc. We had like 2 bags of flyers!

I didn't notice Fernbrook Gardens at the fair, I only saw the Fernwood Gardens stall with their usual wooden tables and chairs, because they're really popular. When we were on our way to the parking area we pass by powerbooks to buy Wedding Essentials Magazine as advised by my good friend Anne who's also getting married by January 2008 and she actually serves as my wedding adviser at the moment...haha...

When I was browsing on the magazine, I passed by fernwood's page, it's actually a two-page ad, good thing I'm in the mood on really looking at it, and then on the next page I saw "Finally making their way to the south"...."Fernbrook Gardens New Alabang"....Whaaa!!!!

The next thing I said was: "Babe! may fernwood na sa Alabang!" (the story is we really wanted to have our wedding at fernwood but it's not an option because it's too far) and then he rushed to the magazine and then we browsed its page on the internet at that very moment!

The next thing I did was I reviewed the flyers we got from the fair, and viola! meron pala akong flyers ng fernbrook! I called their office, I talked to the ever nice and considerate Ms. Marivic and Ms. Lovely (which is very lively) hehe, I inquired, made an appointment to the site with no other than the owner itself Mr. Mike de Veyra and made occular at Fernwood to atleast have an idea and then the last thing we knew is that we have finally booked the place...believe it or not we had the last slot for December 20, 2008 for Byzantine Garden in fernbrook Alabang.

Here's some pics from Fernwood Gardens

And according to Bry he will be renting this carriage which he really got amazed and excited when it was first seen at the PICC Wedding Expo last Sept.1 & 2.


Mission Accomplished: We already booked our venue last August, signed the contract last Sept. 1 at the PICC wedding fair.

Here are some pictures...
Fernbrook still ongoing construction...but believe it or not their first scheduled wedding is November of this year...


This was taken 1st week of September...

Check their website on my fave links.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello. i live in las pinas city and want to bring my nanay to fernwood alabang. she loves gardens. how do i get there? we are taking a cab. thanks from sonia. 0916 7143852.

Jessy said...

First, congratulations on your upcoming wedding!! I can exactly relate to you..... the first thing we did when i got engaged is to find a venue.... as i live in Muntinlupa and my boyfriend lives in cavite i would like us to meet in the middle... God bless Fernbrrok gardens, problem- solved. We went to have a look and we instantly fell in love with it eventhough it was still under constructions..

Anonymous said...

hi! may i know if u have any idea about their rate or packages they offer. thanks!

Anonymous said...

J'ai appris des choses interessantes grace a vous, et vous m'avez aide a resoudre un probleme, merci.

- Daniel